The Luminos Fund is delighted to release its 2018 Annual Report. We’re working to ensure children everywhere get a chance to experience joyful learning, especially those denied an education by poverty, conflict, or discrimination.
In this Annual Report, we review 2018 through the lens of the Luminos Fund’s contribution to girls’ education. When girls get the chance to learn, they can positively transform their lives and those of their families.
Around the world, an equal number of girls and boys are out of school. Luminos programs prove you can give girls and boys a second chance at education right alongside one another — with great results. In fact, research shows that co-ed programs like ours may be one of the best ways to reach girls.
- 118,437 – To date, we’ve helped 118,437 children get a second chance at a good education, half of whom were girls.
- 10 months – Luminos delivers accelerated 10-month programs covering the first 3 years of school, with 4 times as many reading hours as mainstream school.
- 95% – Overall, 95% of children transition to mainstream school upon completion of our programs.
- 11,185 – In 2018, 11,185 children (46% girls) received a second chance education in Ethiopia.
- 1,615 – In 2018, 1,615 Syrian refugee children (43% girls) participated in our back-to-school programs in Lebanon.
- 3,150 – In 2018, 3,150 children (46% girls) received a second chance education in Liberia.
The Luminos Fund team extends sincere thanks and gratitude to our funders, implementing partners, government ministry allies, Board of Directors, advisors, and friends for joining us on this vital journey.
Learn more and support our work
Learn more about the Luminos Fund and our work by exploring our website or contacting us at email@example.com.
Help more children get a second chance at a good education. Please donate here.