This policy is consistent with the comprehensive Written Information Security Program (“WISP”) that Luminos has in place to comply with obligations under M.G.L. c. 93H, M.G.L. c. 93I, and 201 CMR 17.00 to protect personal information of residents of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Who we are:
The Luminos Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our headquarters are located at 71 Commercial Street, #232, Boston, MA 02109, United States, and we operate in Liberia, Ethiopia, and Lebanon.
What data do we collect?
The Luminos Fund collects the following data:
- Identity and Contact data: first and last name, email address, address
- Technical data: internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Usage data: anonymized information about how you use our website
- Communications data: your preferences on receiving our newsletter and other fundraising materials from us and your communication preferences
- Professional Data: details about the work you do that is relevant to our own work
- Donation data: includes details about donations that you have made to us, such as the amount you have donated and the number of donations
Regarding financial data: Luminos accepts contributions by check and those checks include bank account numbers. Luminos Fund does not receive credit card payments online directly from donors for contributions, so no credit card information is stored. We use the service “Network for Good” for such payments and do not receive any financial account information as part of the service’s reporting.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Luminos with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Contact us via email
Luminos may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Market research (i.e., your public LinkedIn profile, website, articles)
How will we use your data?
Luminos collects your data so that we can work to achieve our charitable mission as effectively as possible. Below are some sample use cases:
- Send you our newsletter and other updates
- Respond to your question or requests
- Improve your experience on our website
- Analyze your work if it is relevant to our work and to contact you about it
- Maintain our accounts and have them audited in line with the relevant law and to comply with our disclosure obligations to the relevant tax authorities and regulators
- Analyze the interests and motivations of our supporters so that we can plan and run fundraising campaigns that they will find interesting and that will motivate them to support us
You can always unsubscribe from our newsletters and other email updates by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we store your data?
Luminos only collects and maintains records and files containing personal information of the type, and for the length of time, reasonably necessary to accomplish our legitimate business purposes, or necessary to comply with other state or federal regulations. Access to records containing personal information shall be limited to those persons who are reasonably required to know such information in order to accomplish our legitimate business purpose or to enable Luminos to comply with other state or federal regulations.
Whenever there is a breach of security that requires notification under M.G.L. c. 93H, there shall be an immediate mandatory post-incident review of events and actions taken, if any, with a view to determining whether any changes in Luminos’ security practices are required to improve the security of personal information for which Luminos is responsible, and Luminos shall document responsive actions taken in connection with any incident involving a breach of security.
What are your data protection rights?
The Luminos Fund wants to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Luminos correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Luminos completes information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Luminos erases your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Luminos restricts the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Luminos’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Luminos transfers the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to contact a supervisory authority – You have the right to contact your country’s respective data supervisory authority if you like to lodge a complaint.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com.
- Recognizing and counting the number of visitors on our site
- See how visitors move around our website when using it
- Counting the number of video views
Luminos uses a mix of first- and third-party cookies including those associated with Google Analytics, You Tube, and our WordPress site.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the website www.allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. You can also click on the “reject” option on our cookie pop-up. In a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result of removing cookies.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: +1 781 333 8317
- Or write to us at: 71 Commercial Street, #232, Boston, MA 02109, United States
The Luminos Fund is a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt charitable organization registered in the United States (EIN 36-4817073).